Thursday, November 8, 2007

Goodbye Papa

As I get motivated to try and thaw my water lines, flush the lodges water filters, drink my coffee and look at my beautiful dogs. My Papa is being buried in Ottumwa Iowa. I am not posting this for replies, I am posting this because I do not want to just go on about my day as if were just like any other. My father died last week. We made all the arrangements to head to Iowa (home) on Monday morning. My brother came Saturday and picked up our Daddy for the last trip down I35. My Mom just having her own medical emergency informed us Monday am when we were loading the cars, she would not be making the trip with us. My mother has many medical issues and can not be left alone. One of us had to stay home with her and the only choice was me. I hate Funerals and everything about them. But now today I find myself very sad that I can not be there for the end of something so very important to me for 47 years. Awkward to say the least. It was not a decision made by choice so I do not feel guilty, just weird and sad. I will leave when my sister returns to go see where my dad is buried. I spent my Dads last hours with him so for that I am grateful. It will be a long emotional day in the snow thawing water lines. Please know Papa I am thinking about you, even though my day will look like any other.

It is not.

No comments: